OK, so now you know what you can eat, it's a question of how much. There are two options I was presented with, and a simple way of recording them.
Breakfast:Morning_Tea:Lunch:Afternoon_Tea:Dinner
The first option is the conventional diet
2:1:2:1:2
Which means Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner are 2 exchanges each, while morning and afternoon are a single exchange. The other option was more agressive:
2:1:0:1:2
It does not mean no lunch! It means no carbs at lunch time, but about 20g of protein. Yes, you'll feel hungry, but water is your friend here. I have lost track of the amount of water I go through in a day now, but it must be 2 litres without too much problem.The end result is that I am about 500 calories down on the standard intake of food. So if I combine that with 30 minutes a day of walking, we're straight away into the fat burning zone.
But, I hear you ask "Where am I going to find 30 minutes a day to walk?" It's not actually as hard as you think, especially if you rely on public transport to get to and from work. Want to push it a bit more? Get off one station before or after your usual stop and walk from there. Not always practical, but it's essentially free exercise if you can manage it.
I don't guarrantee it's going to work for you, but it worked for me. Even if you don't have the medical conditions, plan A is a solid place to start if you want to lose some weight.
No comments:
Post a Comment