Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Meet my new best friend

Dieticians are a funny bunch, and Duncan is no different.  To start with, he looks like he's about 15 and does more listening than talking.

The first question he asked me was "on a scale of 1 - 10, how serious are you?".  Without hesitation, I answered "11", and he drilled in on this.

Allow me to explain:

I have four kids, aged from 3 1/2 up to 26, and they along with my wife are the most important things in the world to me.  What the last month's results have given me a simple choice.  Either I take control of things, get help where I need it and change, or I can die.  Not immediately, but I certainly won't get to see my daughter's (miss 3 1/2) children growing up.

In the end, it's a no-brainer from a decision-making point of view.

Interestingly enough, my diet has not been too bad overall, except that:
  1. I eat too much of everything
  2. I eat at the wrong times.  There's no regular eating pattern
Now at least, I have a plan of action.  I need to eat less, regularly and get some more exercise.  I also have a logbook (Google Docs) that lets "big brother" Duncan track my progress.  Im due back in 2 weeks to check how I am going.

No comments:

Post a Comment