Sunday, 27 January 2013

My Christmas Present - On Australia Day

My three boys gave me a great gift for last Christmas.  A 1-hour flying lesson at Gostner Aviation.  I was lucky enough to have David Maddock, the owner take me himself on a very hot day out of Camden Airport.

I originally got my PPL back in 1992, but lasy flew in October 1993.  After near enough to 20 years it was a great feeling to be at the controls again.  The Jabiru was faster and lighter than the 150 I learned in, but not quite as solid feeling as the PA28's I last flew in.  But glass cockpits are quite a change for me.  It was hard to remember where to look.

Clearly I must have done something right, because it was my aircraft from beginning to end on the second leg of the lesson.  Sorry about the hard landing David!

No comments:

Post a Comment